Monday, January 28, 2013

I'm sorry I have been away for so long! 

We were hit by Hurricane Sandy here on the Jersey Shore in November 2012, and suffered severely from the wrath of storm. Our 1950s ranch was no match for the powerful wave that rolled down our street from the Barnegat Bay. The resulting flood dumped almost 3 feet of water in every room of our house. Our furniture, personal belongings, family photos, every appliance, bedding, clothing and yes....my postcards, suffered greatly! 

It was not only my postcard sales stock, but also a good portion of my collection that was destroyed by the flood. Approx. 18 boxes of postcards and maybe 15 albums could not be saved. Over 35 years of collecting gone. But life goes on.... 

I'm happy to say that our home is almost restored now, and within a few months we should be back to "normal". 

Thanks for everyone's well wishes. I've just started up my eBay auctions again and have some really interesting items up for bid. 

Check them out below: 
My Latest eBay Items-Click Here

I'll be posting here again as time allows. Thanks again and happy collecting!       

No comments:

Post a Comment